April 18, 2023 (Toronto) – Announced today, Keilhauer has been recognized by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers editorial competition as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2023. This marks the ninth consecutive year and the 10th year overall that the company has been selected for this prestigious distinction.
Now in its 16th year, Canada’s Greenest Employers is an editorial competition organized by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project. This competition acknowledges employers that are leading the country in creating a culture of environmental awareness in their organizations and have developed and implemented exceptional sustainability initiatives.
“From our inception in 1981, the principles of reduce, reuse, recycle and renew have been incorporated into the fabric of our brand and remain integral in all that we do,” says Mike Keilhauer, President. “We are honoured to once again be included among such impressive company on this prestigious list.”
To compile this important list, each employer is evaluated by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in terms of 1) the unique environmental initiatives and programs they have developed; (2) the extent to which they have been successful in reducing the organization’s own environmental footprint; (3) the degree to which their employees are involved in these programs and whether they contribute any unique skills; and (4) the extent to which these initiatives have become linked to the employer’s public identity, attracting new employees and clients to the organization.
Some accomplishments that earned Keilhauer recognition as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers in 2023 are as follows:
- Launched the award-winning carbon neutral Melete seating collection, officially certified by verified third parties
- Launched Velvety, an ultra-soft zero-waste textile made from partially recycled content, including 11% post-consumer recycled polyester and 5% post-consumer recycled cotton
- Maintained the company’s blanket-wrapping program, which ships new products to customers wrapped in protective, reusable blankets instead of cardboard boxes. During the 2022 fiscal year, over 58,000 products were wrapped for shipping in these sustainable, eco-conscious blankets.
- Purchased 500 additional metric tonnes of carbon credits, in support of the Francis Biedler Improved Forest Management Project, located in South Carolina
- Published the company’s annual corporate sustainability report
- Ongoing programs in place to track resource and energy use, including water, air (addressing greenhouse gas emissions and indoor air quality), energy and waste management
Detailed reasons for selection are posted at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-keilhauer
Additionally, Keilhauer’s Chief Marketing Officer Meghan Sherwin and Sustainability Officer Joshua Belczyk were interviewed by the Globe and Mail about the company’s latest sustainability achievements and goals, available to read here, pages 46 – 47.
Even more in-depth information on Keilhauer’s sustainability program can be found at keilhauer.com/planet-keilhauer
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design-focused contract furniture manufacturer. Keilhauer manufactures seating and tables that makes work more comfortable for all. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communication and engagement in spaces such as meeting rooms, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. For more information, please visit keilhauer.com.
Founded in 1992, Mediacorp Canada Inc. is the nation’s largest publisher of employment periodicals. Since 1999, the Toronto-based publisher has managed the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project, which includes 18 regional and special-interest editorial competitions that reach over 15 million Canadians annually through a variety of magazine and newspaper partners, including The Globe and Mail. Mediacorp also operates Eluta.ca, one of Canada’s largest job search engines, which reaches millions of job-seekers annually and features editorial reviews from the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project.