April 22, 2021 (Toronto) – Announced this week, Keilhauer has been recognized by Canada’s Top 100 Employers as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2021. This marks the seventh consecutive year and the eighth year overall that the company has accepted this prestigious award.
Canada’s Greenest Employers recognizes companies that are leading the nation in creating a culture of environmental awareness in their organizations and have developed and implemented exceptional sustainability initiatives.
“At Keilhauer, we consider ourselves to be design activists and pioneers in creating sustainable solutions for our products,” said Mike Keilhauer, President. “We are honoured to be recognized yet again with this prestigious award, and we are committed to constantly improving our sustainability practices and initiatives.”
Canada’s Greenest Employers evaluates each employer based on the unique environmental initiatives and programs they’ve developed, while analyzing the environmental footprint of their operations and the degree to which its employees are engaged. Companies are also assessed based on the extent to which their initiatives have become linked to their public identity.
Some accomplishments that earned Keilhauer recognition as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers include:
- Between 2019-2020, recycled over 44,000 pounds of textile scraps, and donated over 18,000 pounds of textiles to local charities and community groups
- 67 per cent of new products in 2020 designed out any flagged harmful chemicals and designed in safe alternatives
- Eliminated single-use packaging for all outbound shipments in favour of blanket-wrapped shipments, eliminating over 84,000 boxes in the 2019 fiscal year, and over one million since the program began in 2000
- Partnership with Toronto-based Emerald Energy to convert waste to energy to achieve zero-waste-to-landfill
- All programs follow the corporate goal of closed-loop manufacturing
- Ongoing programs to track resource and energy use including water, air (addressing greenhouse gas emissions and indoor air quality), energy, and waste management
- Created online documents to help customers disassemble and properly recycle their used furniture
Detailed reasons for selection are posted at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-keilhauer
In-depth information on Keilhauer’s sustainability program can be found at: https://keilhauer.com/planet-keilhauer/
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design focused contract furniture manufacturer. Keilhauer manufactures seating and tables that makes work more comfortable for all. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communication and engagement in spaces such as meeting rooms, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. For more information, please visit Keilhauer.com.