Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design-focused contract furniture manufacturer. Keilhauer manufactures seating and tables that makes work more comfortable for all. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communication and engagement in spaces such as meeting rooms, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards.
Working under the direction of the Product Development Supervisor, the Product Developer – Level 2 assists in the technical development of Keilhauer products. You will translate concepts and information into data and use feedback to modify designs using your keen attention to detail. Extensive on-the-job training is required to become proficient with surface modeling.
In this role, you will develop 3D CAD files describing product components and assemblies based on preliminary conceptual ideas. You will produce product engineering drawings with supplementary documentation and be able to verify the accuracy of the models you create. This information is used for analytical testing and the manufacturing of production tooling. The Product Developer – Level 2 will participate in design and development discussions with the Product Development team and will confidently notify managers of any problems arising in component or assembly geometry or with 2D drawings or 3D modeling.
This highly technical position is best suited to a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with strong mechanical abilities and exceptional problem solving skills who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. Responding to requests in a timely manner furthers Keilhauer’s mission of making work comfortable for all.
This role is performed primarily in an office environment which is typically quiet. Most of your duties will be fulfilled with the use of a computer and office equipment, with communications taking place by phone, email or in person. Some functions of your role will be conducted in the manufacturing facility, where you may be exposed to dust particulates and noise.
- This position requires long periods of focused reading and typing.
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions to planned work activities.
- Must be able to respond and adapt quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must be able to handle the stress of dealing with issues in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to participate in seminars, training and/or thought leadership relevant to the position or industry.
- Follows all company and OSHA Safety regulations; works in a safe manner and uses personal protective equipment, if required; reinforces housekeeping and Keilhauer’s core values.
Keilhauer has mandated a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. As of September 22, 2021, all employees are required to provide proof of receiving two-doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who are unable to vaccinate for medical reasons.