Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design-focused contract furniture manufacturer. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards. At Keilhauer, we believe that because we all share this planet, it is essential that we do our part protecting it. Our comprehensive sustainability program, Planet Keilhauer, driven by our goal of closed-loop manufacturing, is an approach to production in which there is no waste and materials are cycled back into the system, minimizing environmental impact.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for providing support and carrying out the day-to-day administrative tasks within the Purchasing department. Working under the direction of the Procurement Manager, you will make decisions regarding the procurement of office supplies, personal protective equipment, hardware components and other miscellaneous items as required by operations. Maintaining appropriate levels of supplies furthers Keilhauer’s mission of making work comfortable for all. This position also acts as back-up to the Receptionist, relieving breaks and absences.
This entry-level position is best suited to an organized team player with strong administrative skills who can effectively juggle multiple priorities. There is a strong support element to this role, so your ability to build meaningful working relationships and understand the needs of others are valuable tools to your success.
This role is performed primarily in an office environment which is typically quiet. Most of your duties will be fulfilled with the use of a computer and office equipment, with communications taking place by phone, email or in person. Some functions of your role will be conducted in the manufacturing facility, where you may be exposed to dust particulates and noise.
- This position requires frequent, dynamic interaction through face-to-face contact, email and phone communications.
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions to planned work activities.
- Must be able to respond and adapt quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must be able to handle the stress of dealing with issues in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to participate in seminars, training and/or thought leadership relevant to the position or industry.
- Follows all company and OSHA Safety regulations; works in a safe manner and uses personal protective equipment, if required; reinforces housekeeping and Keilhauer’s core values.
Keilhauer has mandated a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. As of September 22, 2021, all employees are required to provide proof of receiving two-doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who are unable to vaccinate for medical reasons.