Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design-focused contract furniture manufacturer. Keilhauer manufactures seating and tables that makes work more comfortable for all. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communication and engagement in spaces such as meeting rooms, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards.
In order to serve our customers and meet the fluctuating demands of our production schedule, Keilhauer relies on Support Department Floaters to help shoulder the load. Support Department Floaters are multi-talented employees who are highly adaptable and are willing to lend their skills – and learn new ones – to help wherever it is needed. You embody Keilhauer’s “Yes we can!” approach to the workplace.
When there an increase in volume, or any manufacturing support departments are shorthanded, the Supervisor or Plant Manager will ask you to fill a particular role. This may include Warehouse Picking, Shipping, Quality Control or any other area under the operations umbrella at any of Keilhauer’s facilities. You have a can-do attitude and get along well with others, so it is easy for you to join any team and be a positive contributor. You are knowledgeable about various hand tools as well as quality expectations, and strive to perform all tasks to the highest quality standards.
This entry-level role is best suited to dedicated, dependable team player with an interest in learning more than one skill. Keilhauer depends on your flexibility and skills in order to further our mission of making work comfortable for all.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee spends 100% of their time in the production plant environment, where they may be exposed to airborne dust particles and noise. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- May be required to work at either Keilhauer location and help with other functional areas as the need arises.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, as required (ex. ear plugs, safety shoes).
- Must maintain a sense of urgency under tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to participate in training relevant to the position or industry.
- May occasionally be required to work overtime to meet business needs.
- Follows all company and OSHA Safety regulations; works in a safe manner, reinforces housekeeping and Keilhauer’s core values.
Keilhauer has mandated a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. As of September 22, 2021, all employees are required to provide proof of receiving two-doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who are unable to vaccinate for medical reasons.